Chairman-Elect Mike Conaway (R-TX) announced the new leaders of the House Agriculture Committee for the 114th Congress. Congressman Randy Neugebauer (R-TX) will serve as the Committee’s Vice Chairman. The Subcommittee Chairs are as follows:
- Biotechnology, Horticulture, and Research: Congressman Rodney Davis (R-IL)
- Commodity Exchanges, Energy, and Credit: Congressman Austin Scott (R-GA)
- Conservation and Forestry: Congressman Glenn Thompson (R-PA)
- General Farm Commodities and Risk Management: Congressman Rick Crawford (R-AR)
- Livestock and Foreign Agriculture: Congressman David Rouzer (R-NC)
- Nutrition: Congresswoman Jackie Walorski (R-IN)
Current Ranking Member Collin Peterson (D-MN) will continue to serve as the Ranking Member for the 114th Congress. It is also important to note that the missions/ titles of Subcommittees have been re-organized moving CFTC oversight from the General Farm Commodities and Risk Management Subcommittee to the newly created Commodity Exchanges, Energy, and Credit Subcommittee.