If your company is currently registered with China AQSIQ as an Importer of Cotton, you should check the date as to when you registered, as your registration is good for only 3 years. The implementation of this registration process was introduced in March 2009. We sought clarification from AQSIQ on several questions and which are provided below for your reference in completing the process. Also provided is the web site for obtaining the renewal form.
1. If a company has registered recently say within the last year or two are they required to re-register at this time.
No. The registration certificate is valid for three years. The renewal application only needs to be processed prior to the expiration date of each specific certificate.
2. Can the same form be utilized as was used starting in March 2009 or is there a new registration form, and where can this be obtained (web site).
Yes. The applicant shall submit the same application form and relevant material for renewal. When filling in the form, the applicant shall choose “Renewal Review” under “Type of Application”.
The form can be downloaded from the link below:
3. Will or has AQSIQ notified registered importers of the need to re-register?
No. This has been stated in the Administration Measures for the Registration of Overseas Cotton Exporters.
4. What is the exact date that re-registration must be submitted by, and is there a possibility for an extension date?
AQSIQ suggests the applicant submit an application for renewal of certificate 3 months prior to the expiration date. And there is no extension date.
5. Must the re-registration forms be submitted in Chinese and English?
Yes, bilingual application is required.
Below are the requirements and required documentation for registration renewal.
The registration application of overseas exporter (hereinafter referred to as the applicant) must meet the following conditions:
(1) The overseas exporter must be a legal business enterprise in its country (region) of origin.
(2) The overseas exporter has a fixed place of business.
(3) The overseas exporter has stable sources of supply and appropriate quality control measures for the goods it supplies.
(4) The overseas exporter is familiar with AQSIQ regulations and relevant requirements on the inspection and quarantine of imported cotton.
When submitting the registration application to AQSIQ, the overseas exporter should provide the following written documentation:
(1) Overseas cotton exporter’s registration application form (hereinafter referred to as registration application form);
(2) Copies of documentation certifying the qualification for a legal commercial business;
(3) The organigram and the layout of the site;
(4) Relevant materials of quality control system;
(5) Quality commitment
The above documentation materials must be in Chinese or in both Chinese and English.